About Me

Friday, August 21, 2009

Today I had an eye doctor's appointment in Lansing so I decided to go early and check out a yard sale that a friend told me about. It was billed as a "crafter's estate sale". And there were lots of craft supplies there. Some of them looked like they had been packed in boxes for a long time and it got me to thinking. Is this what will happen when I die? Someone will be sorting through all of my stash and saying "what in the world did she do with all of this junk?" Maybe I should start sorting some of this stuff. NOT. I don't really care what they have to do when I die but I'm not getting rid of any of my treasures. Maybe if I had a few less crafts it would be easier but it wouldn't be as much fun. And I know that there's things here that I haven't seen in a loooooong time but you never know when I might need it. Of course I'll never be able to find it when I need it. And then I'll just go out and buy more. How about you? Do you have lot's of things that will probably not interest your heirs when you die. I'd like to think that someone will love all of this stuff as much as I do but I'm not sure that's the case. Oh well, I'm having fun with it now.

1 comment:

  1. He girlfried, I'm with you on not getting rid of anything! But when I die, I have 2 sisters and 2 daughters that will be in cat fights trying to divide up my loot (well, in my eyes anyway). I tell them all the time that I plan on hanging out here for a little while as an Angel (God willing) to watch over the sorting & make sure there are no cat fights. My girls know me well enough that they have no doubt I will do it. Thanks for the nice comment on my card Lynn -- now let's see some more samples here!! Hugs, Sandi

    ReplyDelete