About Me

Monday, August 10, 2009

Finally home.

Here it is Monday afternoon about 5:30 and I'm finally home. Sat. night I went back to the Macaroni Grill with my cousin and her husband. After we ate Harold and I walked down to Temple Square because he had never been there. We couldn't go in the temple but we went into the tabernacle and the assembly hall. There was someone practicing on the organ in the tabernacle and a concert in the assembly hall so we got to hear some beautiful music. Sunday morning we went out to breakfast with a friend of theirs. We went to a restaurant called the Village Inn. They're a chain out West and the food was really good. Then we went to a park and just walked and talked until it was time for me to get to the airport. Got there about an hour and a half before my flight. When you fly on smaller airlines the gates are usually the ones furtherest away from the main building. Well, I waited at the gate and then we still had to walk about 1/4 mile to the door where we actually got on the plane. It was an uneventful flight to Denver. I really don't like the Denver airport. It's huge and if you have to change concourses then you have to take a train. But at least I had plenty of time between planes. Got to the right gate and saw that the flight was delayed a half hour. Wandered around and looked in the shops and then went back to the gate. Now the sign says that the flight is delayed another hour. Then they call my name. Got up to the desk and they inform me that my flight from Milwaukee to Flint has been cancelled but when I get to Milwaukee they'll give me a voucher for a hotel. WRONG!!! Got to Milwaukee and there were about 10 -12 of us who had been told that and the people there inform us that they never give vouchers when it's a weather delay. So we all had to find a hotel and at least they had a courtesy phone that connected us with a service that arranged hotels and shuttles for us. Finally got into bed at 1:00. My flight out wasn't until 1:30 this afternoon so I thought that I would have time for a good nights sleep. WRONG again. The walls were so thin that as soon as the other people in the motel started waking up I was wide awake. Oh well, I finally got home and now I'm going to go and take a nap. I'll post again when I'm rested up.

No comments:

Post a Comment