About Me

Friday, August 28, 2009

Here's a card that we did last night in card class. This is using the baby wipe technique that was demonstrated at Ronda's last all day meeting. It's really easy. You just put a couple of baby wipes on a dish and drop the ink onto the wipes in a random pattern. For this one we used the new in colors Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango and Soft Suede. Then you use the baby wipes as your ink pad. These colors are perfect for this pheasant from the set Autumn Days.


This card uses the chalk grid lines that Melissa Roberts demonstrated at our last demo meeting. For this one you chalk up the white paper in a random pattern using the colors that you like. Here I used YoYo Yellow, Pretty in Pink, Orchid Opulence and Gable Green. Once you have the paper covered then you erase the grid lines. This was easy to do by using the paper cutter. Lay the paper on the cutter with two opposite cornes lined up with the cutting ling. Then move the paper so that the line you erased is even with the edge of the cutting guide and keep erasing and then turn the paper so you can get the rest of the grid lines. Isn't it pretty. The flower is from the hostess set Kind and Caring Thoughts. It's stamped in Orchid Opulence.



This card is a straight copy of one that I received as a swap at convention. It's the set Pick A Petal and it's stamped with Taken With Teal ink. The black center is the chunky black glitter. I've had the glitter for awhile and have to admit that this is the first time I've used it. I love it.


Look what I got today. The scrapbook store in Greenville is closing and they're selling everything in the store. I got this 8 1/2 by 11 paper rack and it's great. But now I need another because this one doesn't have quite enough slots for all of my paper. But it's wonderful having it out where I can see it. I guess I'll have to call them tomorrow and see if they would happen to have another one.





1 comment:

  1. I love these Lynn! I especially like the Pick a Petal. Beautiful in the overstamped blue. Love your paper holder, I wish I would come across a store going out of business. I don't have room for paper holder, but there are other things I would love to have. Sandi

    ReplyDelete