About Me

Friday, May 11, 2012

I'm always watching for boxes to put cards in because they make such great gifts.  So here's one that I found online.  I don't remember where I found it so I can't give credit but I love the box.


Here's a picture of my finished one.   And here's the instructions.  Hope they make sense to you.


I didn't put pictures of each step but hopefully you'll be able to figure it out.  Start with a piece of 11 x11 card stock.  The heavier the better.  My white one already has some rips in it.  Or maybe I should say "just be careful" when your scoring.  Now score it at 3 1/2 and 5 1/2 on two opposite sides.  Then on the other two sides score at 4 1/2 and 6 1/2.  I have the scoring tool and it's so easy to do this with the diagonal plate.   After you score it then cut the little triangles out.  There are two on each side.


Now you're going to cut one side of each piece that has a triangle.  Can you tell by the picture that I cut the smaller sides so that the flap folds toward the small side. 


Now you're going to add some sticky strip on one of the large flaps.  You want the sticky strip on the inside of the flap.  You'll notice that I cut the point off of this side.  It just makes the box look nicer.  Now just fold it together, small flatps in first, and stick it down.  I had a hard time getting it square but just be careful.


And here's a close up of the verse that is on my white box.  I got this off of Sandi Dailey's blog and I really like it.  I think it's perfect for a gift of handmade cards.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, thank you Lynn for the directions!! I meant to ask for this at the meeting. This box is even more beautiful in person. I wish you could add one more picture of the front of the box or send me one (please, please).

    ReplyDelete