About Me

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Rubber Queens Meeting

Last night was our regular Rubber Queens meeting and the theme for the swap was Christmas.  There were some great cards there and I'll post some of them tomorrow.  Right now I want to show you the card that I made.  The stamp set that I used is Greeting Card kids.  This set is beautiful and there are four stamps in the set and three of them are Holiday stamps. 
These kids remind me of the Campbells Soup kids.  I used my blender pen to color the image because I didn't want the color to be to intense.  And the beautiful background paper is from the Deck The Halls designer series paper that is in the Holiday Mini.  I can hardly wait for you to get the mini because there's so much stuff in there that I just love.  I got this paper free at convention.  Stampin Up! treats their demo's great.  The stamp image is on Very Vanilla and the scallop circle behind it is Crumb Cake that I spritzed with the Shimmer Paint. The greeting is from Grateful Greetings and is embossed in gold.  I just love the vintage look of this card.  Even if I did make it myself. 

2 comments:

  1. I know you won't believe this, but it is the truth. I went through my swaps this morning and picked out 3 that were more "my" style and decided to take pictures of a couple of them to post on my blog. When I was typing the post, I flipped the cards over to get the names of who created. And guess what, your card was one of them -- I really loved how you did this (and you know I love Vintage). Especially the gold-embossed sentiment, your coloring, and the fact you put just a little Shimmer Paint on to really make it pop. I'm so glad you did a Vintage -- it will be hard for you to go back now! Sorry I didn't say goodbye, but I was suppose to pick my daughter up at 9, and didn't fly out the door until 9:10. Don't tell Ronda, but I loved her paisley cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, Lynn. I so wish I could have been at the meeting so I could have one. But, if you don't mind I will print it off :) Thanks for posting it for me!!

    ReplyDelete