About Me

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Beautiful Michigan


Today we went to Whitefish Point.  The wind was very strong.  There were four freighters anchored in the bay to the South of the point and we assume that it was because the winds were so strong that they couldn't get through the locks at the Soo.  We were there yesterday and they were having trouble because the wind was really bad.  We walked on the beach and the wind felt like our legs were being sanded.  We picked up some rocks and then decided to leave the rest of them for other people and get out of the wind.


After we left Whitefish Point we head to Tahquanamon Falls.  We knew that we didn't want to try the boat over to the lower falls so we went right past them and went to the upper falls.  It was a little rainy but it cleared up enough so that we didn't get wet and I got some beautiful pictures.  This one was taken from an observation point along the river.  There are stairs down to the top of the falls but I didn't think my knee would make it back up so we didn't go down.  But if you ever get the chance you should do it.  There are so many beautiful places to see in Michigan that it would take a life time to see them all but the falls are way up there toward the top of the list. 
But tomorrow it's back to reality.  We're heading for home.




3 comments:

  1. It has been many years since I have been to the Locks and the falls -- but I still remember the beauty. Actually, I had two babies in back-packs then and we did a lot of walking, but I was just 20 yrs. old so no big deal (man, I wish I had that energy now). You got some beautiful pictures and I give you credit for walking in that wind (but really was better than the 90 degree heat). See you Friday.
    Hugs,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. Last time I was in U.P. was when 9-11 happened. We were at Porkupine Mts. State Park. As Sandi stated we spent a lot of time in the lower peninsula camping with our children (actually both families camped together several times) and she was right-we were in our 20's and early 30's. Did you get to see the Fall colors? TFS

    ReplyDelete