About Me

Friday, February 25, 2011

Receipt Holder

I think that I need to get a video camera so that I can post tutorials because this would be so much easier to show a video than to try to write about it.  I hope it all make sense to you.  A couple of the girls at class last night asked me for the directions so I decided to post it. 

This is a cute holder to put receipts or coupons in and carry in your purse. I know that some people carry a lot of coupons and this might not work for that but on a trip or just a day of shopping there's room for receipts.


Here's the inside.  It's just two pockets on the inside. 

 I started with a piece of 12 X 8 1/2" card stock but it can be made out of an 8 1/2 X 11" of cards stock.  It will just be a little shorter.   Anyway, on the long side score it at 1/2", 4 1/4" and 8".  Now turn it one half turn and score it at 5".  Now your going to cut off the 1/2 edge from the score line to the end on the longer side of the 5" score line.  Then the easiest way to get the middle cut is to just fold the card stock in half on the score 4 1/4" score line.  While it's folded make a very short cut into the card stock on the score line.  Then cut from the cut down to the bottom of the card stock on the short side of the 5" score line. Does that make sense.  The picture above should help you figure it out.

 Now fold in the two edge pieces that are left.  Your going to put sticky strip on these edges and then fold up and adhere to the top of the card stock.   Do this to both sides and you should have two pockets.

I used the corner rounder on the top corners because I think that round corners don't wear out as fast as square corners.  Now you can decorate the outside of your holder.  I used mini binder clips to hold it shut but you could put ribbon on it and tie it shut.  Whatever appeals to you.  Now, don't you think a video would have been simpler?  Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you, thank you Lynn!! I was wondering about how you made this, but didn't get a chance to comment on your previous post before you had this one out. (I loved your cards for class by the way and especially the color you picked out for the CASE of my card.) I loved the front of this holder, using the girl, so I wanted to CASE it just as you had done yours. Now I need to copy this post to save as PDF for upcoming class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot to tell you that I like it better just the way you did your instructions. If it was on a video, I couldn't save as a PDF to come back and look later. So don't stop what you are doing -- just my vote.
    Hugs,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete