About Me

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Well I spoke to soon about the wonderful in floor heat. It sprung a leak and since it was during the night we don't know for sure where it happened. So now I'm only running the heat when I'm
actually in the building. So far it hasn't happened again. Ted thinks that he found the problem in one of the valves so here's hoping that was it and it'll never happen again.

Here are some pictures of a couple of shirts that I decorated. I used the heat and bond on the material and then ran the material through the Big Shot to get the leaves and snowflakes. It couldn't have been easier. Think how easy it would be to have words on a shirt using one of the many alphabet dies.
I think the hardest part was finding material that I wanted to use because of course I decided to do this at 9:00 at night. It's real hard to find a material store open at that time so I scrounged through my quilting supplies. So if you decide to do something like this you might want to think about it a little while so that you can find that perfect material.

This is a close up of the snowflake. This shirt was easier because what color are snowflakes? White. There's always some white material around.

The snowflakes go down on the back side a little way but not all the way to the bottom of the shirt. You can arrange them in any pattern that you like. If fact, if you did several shirts but just re-arrange the snowflakes you'll have several different looks. It was really easy and great fun.




1 comment:

  1. This was such a cool idea Lynn -- I'm so glad I got to see them in person. It was my favorite WOW project on the table. I loved the snowflakes. As far as material, I would have to take a trip to the store -- I have never sewed (don't even know if that is correct tense for "sew" -- LOL), so therefore have no material hanging out at my house!

    ReplyDelete