About Me

Sunday, July 8, 2012

No power

I'm sitting at McDonalds because I have no power at home.  So it's been a bad week for blogging.  I was up at my brother's cabin until Friday.  Then I came home because I had a class reunion on Friday night.  I was home about 1/2 hour when the power went off.  Now the power hadn't gone out during the storm so I checked with the neighbors and no one had power.  Called Consumers and reported it.  Later we found out that a Consumer tree trimmer, working in Elsie, had dropped a limb on the line.  So now it's Sunday morning and we still don't have power.  The estimate for restoration is tonight at 11:30pm.  Bummer.  When I get some power back I'll do some posting.  After a shower.  And some laundre.  Oh well, such is life.  Just glad it happened now and not when I'm trying to get ready to leave for convention.  The only good thing about it is that I now have all my swap cards done for Tues. meeting and convention.  It was cooler in the Paper Palace than anywhere else.  And the reunion was great.  Went to my cousin's house to take a shower on Friday afternoon.  Haven't had one since but Laurel will be home this afternoon so if the power doesn't come back on soon I'll be at her door begging for water.

No comments:

Post a Comment