About Me

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

More Card Class

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  Mine was a little different.  My sister and I went to the Highland Festival and froze while watching the parade.  Then we went to garage sales and the craft show.  Back to Ashley and the ice cream parlor.  Then on the way out of town my cell phone rang.  When Laurel finally dug it out of my purse it had quit ringing so I checked the missed calls and there were five of them.  2 from my niece, 2 from my oldest brother and 1 from my youngest brother.  What's up?  I called Ted and he told me that Neil (who's 8 1/2 years younger than me) had a heart attach that morning.  He's doing fine and he's coming home today but don't these young people know that they shouldn't be doing things like that.  When someone older that me has health problems it doesn't seem so strange but when they're younger than me then it's kind of scary.
Oh well, here's the rest of last weeks card class. 

 This first one is pretty simple.  I used the scollop border punch for the strip and the new doily punch for the circles.  The greeting is from Word Play.

 This card shows one of the techniques that we did.  The stamp set is Uncharted Territory.  It was stamped with Versa Mark and then embossed.  Then the light house was painted with bleach.  It's fun to use the bleach to see what color the card stock will become.  Usually it's just a lighter shade of color but I remember when we had Bordering Blue and it was bleached it turned pink.  The card stock used here is Sahara Sand and it bleached out to Very Vanilla.

 And this card shows out second technique.  Shaving cream.  I love this because you never get two pieces alike.  On this one we used Soft Suede and white card stock.  Tomorrow (maybe) I'll show you some more pictures of some of the background pieces that I've done.  You can use more than one color ink and you can use different color card stock. 

And this last picture shows a book mark that we made.  Cut the flower out using the Fun Flowers die.  We used Tangerine Tango card stock but it's very pretty in other colors too.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards Lynn. I love how you pulled out the lighthouse stamp set that I haven't seen in a long time and used the bleaching technique on it. And the wedding card is very elegant -- very nice job (I knew I should have driven up there for the class!!).

    ReplyDelete