About Me

Monday, January 17, 2011

Home at Last

We finally got home about 6:30 tonight.  We took our time coming home and did some shopping on the way.  We left the Opryland hotel about noon on Sat. and met my cousin and her family at the Cracker Barrel for lunch.  Finally got on the road about the middle of the afternoon.  Side tracked to a scrapbook store in Kentucky and spent the night somewhere just North of Louisville.  Then yesterday we went to Nashville, Indiana.  It's a shopper's paradise but there wasn't much open because it's winter and it was Sunday.  Made it as far as Ft. Wayne last night and this morning we shopped at Hobby Lobby and Joann's before we headed for Michigan. 
Here's some more picture of the Opryland Hotel.  If you ever get the chance to go there it's wonderful.  This first picture is of the glass ceiling in the Delta section of the hotel. 

 I had a little time Friday when I didn't have any classes so Laurel and I went for a boat ride.  It's 1/4 mile long and it's beautiful.  These next few pictures were taken when we were on the boat.




 There's about 4 acres of gardens in the hotel and there are lots of statues and water falls and so many beautiful flowers.
 This is the outside of the steak house that is right inside the hotel.

 And here's one of the many plants that we saw.  I have no idea what it is.

Tomorrow I'll start posting pictures of some of the things that I got from Stampin Up! and some of the swaps.  And the FABULOUS make and takes that we did.  Let me just hint that it involves jewelry.

2 comments:

  1. So happy to see you were able to take the boat ride - isn't it fabulous???? I have gone on it both times I stayed at the Opryland Hotel :) Hoping I can get to San Antonio next year to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful pictures Lynn!

    ReplyDelete