About Me

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Here's a cute little bag/purse that I displayed at the Creative Convention over the weekend.  Some people wanted the directions so here we go.  Hope you can figure it out.
 
 
It takes an 81/2" X 11" piece of paper.  Now you're going to score it at 2" and 61/2" on the long side.  And then score it at 3/4". 41/2", 61/2", and 101/4" on the short side.  Make a mark at 21/2" on each side and at 81/2" on each side of the short side.   I hope that's the right way to explain it so here's a picture of the score lines. 

 
The diagonal score lines go from the junction of the 2" and 41/2" (2" and 61/2") score line to the mark that you made at 21/2" and 81/2".  I hope the diagram helps and if you're using the Simply Scoring Tool it's real easy (using the diagonal plate) to just put the tool at the junction and score out to the side.  Clear as mud, right?

 
Well, if I haven't confused you enough yet we'll move on to the next step.  You're going to adhere the sides down but only from the spot where the diagonal lines are to the outside edge.  The picture show where I used the sticky strip. 

 
After you've adhered the sides down it should look like this.  Now you're ready to decorate.  In the first picture I made the bag look like a little purse.  I didn't think this up by myself but I didn't write down where I found it or who made it.  Sorry about that.  But you can just make the bag and decorate it however you want like the green bag in the picture below. 

 
I hope you have fun with this but if you have any questions or there's a place where I should put in more direction please let me know by commenting.  Thanks so much for your interest.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, I did forget about this beautiful tote. And yes, I did want the directions. I am going out right now and make a template!! Thank you for remembering Lynn.

    ReplyDelete