About Me

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Golden Christmas


I saw a card somewhere online that had a gold and black ornament on it and I thought that it was beautiful.  But of course I didn't bookmark it or save it so I don't remember what it looked like so I decided to just try something and this is what I ended up with.  Of course there were a lot of rejects that I need to finish up.  Here I used Brushed Gold for the card base, Basic Black and Soft Suede for the layers.  Then I cut two of the lattice dies and glued them together to get this width.  The ornaments are gold embossed onto black.  I used two of the ornaments from the Ornament Keepsakes stamp set that is in the Holiay catalog.  The Merry Christmas is gold embossed onto a piece of Soft Suede that I had stamped a flourish on.  Then I added some pearls just for fun.  What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty Lynn!!! All the work was worth it. Always love embossing and the Lattice Die is really one of my very favorites as it is so versitle.

    ReplyDelete