About Me

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

More card class

Here's a couple more cards from last weeks card class.  These are all stamp sets that are retiring tomorrow.  This is your last chance to get them before they're gone. 
This first one is a stamp set called Happy Together and I have to admit that while I think it's really cute this is the first time that I've used it. 


This next card is a copy of one that Sherry Nicholson swaped at our last Rubber Queens meeting.  It's the baby wipe technique and I hadn't done that one in a long time.


And here's an oldie but a goodie.  The envelope that is transformed into a gift holder.  You just take a business size envelope and decorate it.  Then cut it into two pieces and crimp the bottom half.  Now the bottom half will slide easily into the top half.  Fill it with candy bars, a handerkerchief or packet of hot cocoa or something of similar size and you've got an instant gift.

 Here it is with the two halves separated so you can see how I cut mine.  It doesn't have to be a curve.  I just like it this way. 

I can't believe that in two weeks from yesterday I'll be in Salt Lake swapping cards like crazy.  I can hardly wait to see what kind of wonderful things I'll learn out there.  And see all the thousands of samples.  And maybe there'll be some new stuff debuted at convention.  You just never know what's going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment