About Me

Monday, October 4, 2010

I had a good weekend.  I attended two Stampin Up! events.  On Saturday I went to Jackson for Janet Wakelands event and on Sunday I went to Ronda's Christmas Gifts extravaganza in Morrice.  At Janet's event we learned a lot about running a good business and we got to do some make and takes using some of the new products in the catalog.
 This first one is a tag using the new paper flowers.  They tear quite easily so you have to be very careful when your coloring them.  I laid the flower on the ink pad and pressed another piece of paper down onto it and then I used a dauber to finish coloring.  This tag also uses some of the new lace ribbon and one of the new antique brads.
 This card uses the new waffle paper.  It's the halo on the angel.  We just folded it fan style and the fanned it out behind the angel.  There's a ton of other ways to use the paper.  I'll try and post some more of them.

\
This card uses some of the chalkboard paper.  I was surprized at how light weight this is.  It's about the weight of regular card stock and can be cut with scissors or a paper trimmer.

This last card uses some of the cork board.  The leaf was cut out of cork using the Big Shot and the leaves die.  Again, it's so light weight that it's very easy to cut. 
Janet Wakeland is my fourth upline and she's a great speaker.  I learned a ton of things about running a successful business.  It's one of the things that I love about Stampin Up!  There are so many people who are willing to share their expertise and knowledge. 
Tomorrow I'll post some pictures from Ronda's event.  There were so many neat ideas for Christmas gifts being shared and Sandy Dailey had a beautiful display of items using the Distressing Essentials kit.  I don't have the kit but now that I've seen what you can do with it I think that I need it.  And all of our make and takes were Christmas gifts using 1/2 of a Simply Scrapping kit. 
Now I'm going to bed.  I spent 1 1/2 hour at the dentist today with my mouth open and I'm taking two apirins and hitting the hay.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, thank you, thank you Lynn!! I was so hoping you would post these soon. I love all of these and want to CASE all but don't have enough classes scheduled before Christmas to get them all in. I also need to order some more Tinsel because I used it all on my trees!! (my very favorite is the cute Xmas card with tinsel) I really enjoyed the event yesterday -- Janet is a WOW speaker that is for sure.

    ReplyDelete