About Me

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Yesterday was our Winter Wow technique day for the Rubber Queens. After I got home Tiger came to spend the night and this is what he thought was Wow. He didn't touch any of the figures except the animals. After he went home today I had to remove some safari animals from the nativity and a dino from Santa's sleigh.


My technique to demonstrate yesterday was shaving cream. If you haven't done it it's lots of fun and lots of mess and you never know what you'll end up with. The shaving cream technique is really easy. Just put some shaving cream in a shallow container and add a few drops of reinker. Then use a craft stick ( I used my bone folder ) and spread the color around until you like what you see. Then lay the card stock on the shaving cream and made sure that all of the card stock is covered. Then lay it on scrap paper and use a squeegie (I just used a peice of cardboard) and scrape the shaving cream off. The excess shaving cream can just be put back in the container. The card stock is now ready to use. It will be a little damp so you might want to wait until it's dry.

This card isn't real clear but I used Rich Razzleberry and Bermuda Bay reinkers in the shaving cream and it's on Pretty in Pink paper.




This is the Under the Stars stamp set and I never thought about it before but it doesn't have a campfire in the set. So I used some of the paper that I had played with and cut out the fire. That's Real Red on white but for some reason it looks orange. I don't know why unless it's because the Real Red reinker is really old. The bear is Close to Cocoa and Chocolate Chip on Creamy Caramel paper. The racoon is black reinker on white but it doesn't show up much.





This one is one that I really like the color combination. It's Bermuda Bay and Orchid Opulence on white. I think that there's a little Bashful Blue in there too.







1 comment:

  1. One of my favorites from your presentation yesterday was the best wishes heart card above. You are right, it is gorgeous in real life. I totally loved your presentation and all your samples -- they were gorgeous. I hope you don't mind if I post it on my blog later this week with another of my favorites you did. As far as my reputation -- we will see who has the last laugh missy!!

    ReplyDelete