About Me

Thursday, February 20, 2014

A box using the envelope board.

I love it when people figure out many uses for one item.  I just wish it was me.  So here's the instructions and a couple of pictures of boxes that I made with the envelope board.  I found this online somewhere.  You start with a piece of card stock that is 6" X 6".  Then you score each side at 2" and 4", being sure to put the notches in.  It will look like this.  Well, not with the lines drawn on.  I did that so that you can see them better.
 
 
Now you're going to cut some flaps.  See the next picture.  I hope that it's really clear to you because I don't know how to write it up.  If you have a problem just let me know and I'll try to help you. 

 
So now that you have your tabs cut you're going to adhere the box together. You only need adhesive on the flaps that you just created.  I really need to try a video because it would be so much better to just show you.  Anyway you should end up with a box. 

 
And here's one that I did.  I stamped all over the card stock before I scored and cut it.  I used the big stamp out of the set Creative Elements.  I sponged all the edges of the box.  The card stock is Sahara Sand and I used the same ink.  Then I punched out some Petit Petal flowers and sponged them also.  Add a little leaf and some pearls and it's good to go.  I used Very Vanilla seam binding and sponged it with Sahara Sand.  I think it turned out really cute.

 
And of course I had to try a couple more sizes.  I put my snail there so you can get an idea of the size.  The box on the left starts with a piece of card stock that is 4 1/2" X 4 1/2".  Score it at 1 1/2" and 3".  The little box is a piece of 3" X 3" scored at 1" and 2".  I had to trim the points down a little to get everything to fit.  I tried a bigger box but the size of the envelope board kink of prohibits a bigger box.  I did one but it didn't turn out as nice. 
 
I almost forget to show you this.  I punched a hole in two opposite sides of the top and then used my bone folder to curl them a little before I threaded the ribbon through.
And just so you know, we'll be doing a box (not this one) at my next card class.

1 comment:

  1. Cant wait to give this one a try! I love my envelope punch board! Such pretty flowers and ribbon.

    ReplyDelete