About Me

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Faux metal???

This is a card that we did on Monday at Tools and Techniques.  I call it Faux Metal but there's probably another name for it.  It's pretty simple.  Just use a glue stick and cover a piece of card stock.  Then lay the aluminum foil down on the card stock and smooth it out.  Then we cut the top note and embossed it with the Northern Flurry folder.  I've done a few cards this way and I really like the effect.  It would be cool if I had ever bought a tool stamp set.  I think the chevron embossing folder would be perfect with a tool stamp.  And I don't know if you can tell, but I colored a large pearl with the silver metalic marker but it didn't look silver.  Just kind of gray.
 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome technique Lynn!! Haven't seen this done before, must try for sure.

    ReplyDelete