About Me

Monday, September 12, 2011

Treat Time

Halloween is coming and it'll be here long before I'm ready.  So if you're like me you need to get started on treat holders.  Here's the first one I'm going to show you.  This is an oldie but a goodie.  It's a sour cream container with some embellishment.  This is a piece of the First Edition speciality paper.  What a great bargain this paper is.  You get 24 sheets of paper in the pack.  Well, on this piece we ran it through the Big Shot with the spider web embossing folder.  Then sponge on a little black ink to make sure that the web shows up.  Add a tag with some of the Perfect Plum ribbon and it's all done.  Now if you want to make some of these be sure that you have the candy ready to go in so that it can be adhered shut.  Then to add authenticity run the ends into the crimper a little ways.  We made these at our Rubber Queen meeting last week.  We made two treat holders but I already ate the candy out of the other one so I can't show it to you.  Maybe tomorrow I'll get some more candy so I can finish the holder and show it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment