About Me

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas gifts

It seems like forever since I've posted anything here.  I've thought about it a lot but then old age sets in and I decide to wait until tomorrow.  And you know that tomorrow never gets here. 
But I did finally get some pictures of this really cool note pad holder.  Thank you Brenda Van Wort for the idea.  You have to have a 12 x 12 sheet of card stock (I used printed card stock but you can use any card stock and then decorate it with designer series paper).  And then you trim it to 8" x 11 1/2".  Score it at 51/2",  6, and 61/2.  Open the paper and make sure that the narrower side is on the left.  This is going to be the front of the note pad.  Now fold down on the center score line and cut into the score line in two places like in the picture.  Hope you can see it okay.
 
Now open the card stock and your going to put some sticky strip on the right hand side between the score lines.  Does that make sense?  If you look at the picture you can see where the sticky strip is adhered above and below the cut that you just made.  Be sure that there's no sticky strip on the cut portion.

Now take the sticky strip backing off and stick down.  Now bend the score line closest to the stuck down strip back and then fold the remaining score line the other way.  It should look like this picture.

Now take a junior legal pad and put it inside the holder.  You can adhere it down with sticky strip but if you want to take it out again then use some Tombow glue, let it dry for 24 hours and then stick the legal pad in the holder and it's like a post it note.  You can take the pad out, it won't be permanently adhered.
You can put a strip of paper on the top of the legal pad so that the printing on there doesn't show.  I used some of the card stock that I made the pad holder out of but it doesn't show up very good.
We're almost done.  Now you need a pen to use with your note pad.  If you buy Pentel brand, RSVP style pens they come apart.  Just unscrew the end.
Then take a strip of card stock or DSP and cut it 1" X 3 3/8".  If your using card stock this is a little tricky but you want to roll it into a tube and insert it into the barrel of the pen.  If you use your bone folder to break down the fibers then it'll work a little better.
Here it is finished with the pen in place.  It's kind of plain so you can decorate it however you want.  Here's some that I made last week with a little more decor.
And once I figured out what I was doing I made some smaller ones for stocking stuffers.  The little pens were in the stocking stuffer bins at Wal Mart. 

3 comments:

  1. What a great gift idea Lynn!! They turned out beautiful and your directions are awesome (thank you so very much!!). I hope I have time to try this before Christmas for stocking stuffers (add it to my list of 50 things to make -- LOL). I'm sure it will take at least 2 0r 3 times for me to practice because that center part lost me (I have to print up your instructions and have them right next to my cardstock). We got home late last night -- after a long day of traveling. I have been opening mail all morning, now got to start laundry (yes, us women always have to pay with labor for our vacations). Thanks for awesome idea and instructions today.
    Hugs,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn, I love these!! Thanks for the great idea. I am going to make these for my downline - yes I actually have one now :) I have picked up 3 new recruits since I came out here - I love it!!

    Miss you all,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynn, I finally got a chance to check out your blog. I really like these note pad holders. I am going to have to case these so I can sell them at a craft show I will be in this coming summer at our campground. I will finish checking out your blog this weekend. Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

    ReplyDelete