About Me

Friday, May 24, 2013

One more dumb trick.

I've done some dumb things in my life and yesterday was no exception.  At card class we did this card.  It's a stamp out of the new catalog called "Wildflower" (I think).  Anyway my last lady was finishing up and I decided that I wanted to try a different card with this stamp.  So I cleaned the stamp and inked it up with versa mark.  My intentions were to stamp it and then emboss it with white embossing powder.  I saw a card online where they had done that and then colored it with chalks.  I really liked the card and wanted to try it.  Well, somewhere along the line my brain quite working.  I inked up the stamp and then promptly poured the embossing powder ALL OVER THE STAMP.  At least my brain kicked back in before I grabbed the heat gun.  Can you imagine what that would have been like.  So I cleaned up the stamp and decided that I should probably wait until I had a good night's sleep.  So I will try it sometime, just not today. 
 
 
So for this card the stamp is just inked with Midnight Muse and then stamped onto Whisper White card stock and a  ribbon was added.  I also dry embossed it but that part doesn't show in the picture.  Just think, next Friday I can start ordering out of the new catalog.  If you still need a new catalog please let me know. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this set!! I still haven't really unpacked my box of goodies I have had for almost 2 weeks. This set will probably be the first one I play with when I get it mounted. (I'm not even going to say a word about your new trick with embossing -- LOL!!)

    ReplyDelete