About Me

Monday, September 28, 2015

Holiday treat holders.

At my card class last week I gave everyone a Halloween treat.  These treat holders are really simple to make and can be made for any occasions just by switching out the paper.  I was going to be real ambitious and type out the instructions but it didn't happen so I decided to post them here.
 
 
So you start with a piece of paper that 6" by 41/2"  I like the dimensions because you can cut your 12 x 12 paper up or use one of the new paper stacks that are 6 x 6. 
 
 
Score the paper at 1", 2", 3" and 4".  You'll have 1/2" left to adhere and make a square container.

 
Then I cut the notches all the way around on both ends using my envelope punch board.  I notched the paper at 1 1/2" from each end. 

 
Then you just fold the ends in like this.  Tie it with ribbon or twine and it's ready to go.  Of course you have to put some extra décor on it so I just used one of the little bottles out of the Sweet Hauntings stamp set.  This size of container holds a mini candy bar or the fat tootsie rolls.  If you have something longer or wider that you want to put in the holder just adjust the size of your paper.  Remember that the sides need to be the same width.  Kind of a variation on the 2, 4, 6, 8 box.


No comments:

Post a Comment