About Me

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Brian's box from convention

When we were at convention Brian Pilling showed us the cutest little box made with the milk carton die.  I never saw it on the display boards so I didn't get a picture of his but here's one that I made.  It still needs a tag.  I have another one somewhere that has a tag but I don't know where it is right now.  Anyway you start with two of the milk carton pieces.  Cut off the tabs on one of the pieces.  Using a bone folder or just your finger or whatever you use, crease all the score lines.  And you'll need to add a couple of score lines.  The mile carton doesn't fold in at the top all the way around so you'll need to be sure that this little box does fold in.  So just use a bone folder and add the couple of score lines that you'll need.  It's as clear as mud, right?  When you try it you'll see what I mean.

Here's the bottom of the box.  In my opinion this is the hardest part.  And you can see that I didn't get my exactly round.  Just do the best that you can to get it shaped nice.  If anyone has any ideas on how to do this better please let me know.

And here's another picture with the top open.  I used bakers twine to tie mine shut but you could use the 1/8" ribbon.  And it works best if you punch your holes before you assemble the box. 

I just love this little box and I'll be making a bunch more before Christmas but it can be used any time of the year.  In fact I think that this will make the perfect Halloween treat box.  And I can see it with candy hearts and little Easter jelly beans.  Just try it and I'm sure you'll like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment